- It's too bloody hot.
Yes, yes, I know it's cooling down. That's not the same as being cool. Also, it was 24.5 degrees at my desk today. (That's about 76 F for the folks out there who are metric resistant.) (May I remind you that since 1988 the metric system has been "the preferred system of weights and measures for [the] United States"? Its true. Make a personal goal to learn a metric measure other than the 2 liter bottle this year.)I can't be expected to be functional without better air conditioning.
- I can't find my camera. Seriously. I've looked at home. I've looked at work. I've looked in my car. I've looked at my sister's house. Where is it?
Is it hiding somewhere just to taunt me? is it actually lost in the sense of "You left it someplace idiotic, and you'll never see it again."? did someone take it? (Why would anyone do that? I was an early-adopter of the digital photography movement. My camera is not cool. It's kinda clunky. Not theft-worthy.)
- I am not sleeping at night. (Also, I'm not sleeping during the day.) This is problematic, and I am becoming tired and cranky.
Why can't I fall asleep??
- My head. It hurts. I have had three migraines in the last seven days. This is totally unacceptable. Partly because it makes it very difficult to accomplish things. Even moreso because it HURTS. Hurt isn't really even the right word. It incapacitates.
Those of you who haven't experienced the special joy that is migraines may not be able to fully appreciate this... but maybe you've had some other type of high-level non-intermittent pain? You know how it gets to the point that you can't really function on any level because you're so crabby... and because the pain itself makes you totally nauseated? Yeah. It's like that. Also, light and sound make it worse. So avoid anything that you might be able to see or hear. Good luck getting through work that way.
- There is something wrong with my tongue. No. Seriously. Shut up. I'm serious.
It... hurts? No. Aches. The back of it... Yeah, I don't know how to explain this so that it makes sense. It is as if I'd been talking for twenty hours without a break-- or perhaps chewing a wad of very hard gum for several hours. It's very odd. I'm wondering if this and the headaches could be related? TMJ? - Everything is getting so expensive. But we're all getting paid the exact same amount as before things started getting more expensive. To add insult to injury I heard a PSA on the radio a few days ago in which the governor reminded people that it is important to go out and buy lots of stuff because consumerism is the way to save the world. (Or something only slightly less lame.)
Dude. Be realistic, John. If you will start paying me more, I'll spend more, mmmkay? Otherwise, maybe you should find a math-savvy advisor to help you understand why I think spending more without earning more is not going to help me reach my financial goals. (As it is, I'm not going to be moving out of this apartment any time soon.)
- Allergies. They need to stop. The lady with the dozen cats moved out a week ago, so I don't know what is causing the current round of histamine-- grass? pollen? ragweed? who knows. But I know I don't like it much.
- My apartment is so messy. Granted, it's completely my own fault. Nevertheless, it annoys me. (Also, I couldn't end this list on #7... because seven is an ugly number. Odd. Prime. It just has all kinds of problems. If my throat wasn't so itchy I'd have just ended at 6, which is a totally acceptable number. (How can you dislike a number that is divisible by 2 and 3? You can't!))
On the plus side, my family had a lovely gathering over the weekend, my friend's baby is home from his surgery (which was totally successful, Yay!), I'm sitting directly under my A/C vent right now (Yay!), and I made real food for dinner-- and lots of it so that I can take it to work for lunch for the next few days.
So I'm thinking maybe it is just time to call a chiropractor or something... because if I could get the headaches to go away, I'd actually be in pretty good headspace. It is phenomenal how sustained pain can make everything start to seem rotten.
1 comment:
I'm sorry your head hurts, and I hope you get relief soon.
but, yay! for dinners at home, and leftovers!
xoxo
steph
Post a Comment